Starting in October, Francesca White – renowned Feldenkrais practitioner and good friend of Inspiral Bodywork – will be undertaking a series of 5 classes on accessing and strengthening the pelvic floor. For those that aren’t familiar with Feldenkrais, it is a movement therapy which aims to reduce pain or limitations in movement, to improve physical function, and to promote general wellbeing by increasing students’ awareness of themselves and by expanding students’ movement repertoire. Fran is a longstanding and outstanding local practitioner, who teaches overseas and has a particular interest in Feldenkrais for performers, especially musicians. I can attest to the wisdom of her insight and of her extraordinary hands. I’ll let her tell you more:
FELDENKRAIS PELVIC FLOOR CLASSES WITH RENOWNED FELDENKRAIS PRACTITIONER MS. FRANCESCA WHITE.
I am pleased to announce another series of Feldenkrais classes at “The Feldenkrais Studio”, 118 Weston Street, Brunswick, Melbourne, especially designed for women, beginning on Monday October 7th 2013.
This series for women will be ” Pelvic Power” taught over 5 Monday mornings: Oct. 7th, 14th,21st,28th and Nov. 11th .
The movement lessons promote & support :
- core stability & strength
- a strong pelvic floor
- mastery of the pelvic floor sphincters
- feeling strong & contained
- aligning & lengthening the spine
- hips & legs feeling lighter and free to do what they are designed to do
- general information about the pelvic floor and it’s structure and function
These lessons are deeply centering and grounding.
These classes would benefit many women , including those who :
- suffer from stress incontinence & need to reconnect with their pelvic floor
- are post baby and need to reestablish a strong pelvic floor,
- aim to improve everyday functioning
- may suffer from constipation and other bowel disorders
- are dealing with back pain etc.,
- wish to discover the secrets of easy and effortless movementIn the course of the workshops we will take the movements into lying, sitting, standing & walking with the aim of demonstrating how relevant they can be for everyday living and maintenance.
- These classes will be for women only.
- DATES: Monday October 7th, Monday Oc. 14th, Monday Oct. 21st, Monday Oct. 28th, (no class Cup week Nov. 4,), Monday Nov. 11th (last day)
- TIME: 10:30-12pm. (Including coffee break)
- COST: $40.00 per class or $30 concessionPAYMENT: NAB to: F. White – BSB 083 170 A/C # 56 120 1275 – Please name your deposit P.F. Classes next to your name.
- VENUE: “THE FELDENKRAIS STUDIO”, 118 WESTON ST., BRUNSWICK (NEAR LYGON ST.) –
- PARKING 2 HOURS IN WESTON ST. AND LYGON ST., TRAM STOP AT WESTON ST.
- WEAR: Loose, comfy clothes, or a track suit for easy movement. Classes will be mostly done on the floor or sitting in a chair. Thick floor mats are provided by the studio.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL AS THERE ARE ONLY 12 PLACES AVAILABLE. email email@example.com
Francesca White is also available for private consultations (Functional Integration lessons) after October 8th, 2013. Pleae book online: firstname.lastname@example.org